- Our Parent Teacher Resource Center has released the Spring Newsletter. Click here to read.
- Salem City Schools 2014-2015 Spelling Bee winners were honored by the School Board at this month's meeting. See the full recognition here.
- The Salem City School Division recognized and congratulated Marcie Atkins for her contribution to the field of education through the recent publication of her book Ancient China. See the full recognition here.
- The Salem City School Board expressed its appreciation to Nick Powell, President of Salem Tool, and Sarah Wardle Jones, Education Director for the Roanoke Symphony Orchestra, for their contributions to the Salem City Schools Strings Program. See the full recognition here.
- School Board honors Russell Holladay with a resolution. Click to read the full story.
- Our Salem School Board recognized some very special employees at Tuesday night’s meeting. Click to read more.
- Salem City Schools announces that Natalie DiFusco-Funk has been named as the Division's Teacher of the Year for 2015. Click here to read the full release.
- Salem City Schools approved calendar for 2015-2016 is available here and will be permanently available on our Division Calendar Page.
- As we move into the wintry time of the year school schedules are often affected. Please monitor local media for closings and delays. A link to our Inclement Weather FAQs is also available for your information. Both of these links will remain on the lower left side of this site.
- Pawel Nazarewicz, a Mathematics teacher at Salem High School was honored by the school board for earning his National Board Certification. Also recognized by the Board is John Sailer for the tremendous volunteer service he has provided Salem High School’s Theater Arts program for many years. Click to read the full recognition.
- Salem High School announces boys head lacrosse coach. Click here for the full release.
- A draft of our SY 2015-2016 Calendar is available for review. Questions or comments regarding the calendar should be directed to Assistant Superintendent Michael Bryant(email@example.com). This is calendar has now been approved and comments are closed.
- Our School Board had its monthly meeting on 11/11 and recognized Mandy Hall, Grant Smythers, and Laura O'Dell for outstanding accomplishments. The Board also recognized the division's United Way campaign. Follow this link for pictures and details.
- See our newly released Fall Parent Teacher Resource Center Newsletter.
- Salem City Schools was once again selected as a Blue Star School for Financial Literacy. Salem earned the distinction of being named a Blue Star School for their students’ performance the w!se Financial Literacy Certification Test. Click here to see the listing of Blue Star Schools.
- The Washington Redskins announced that head football coach Steve Magenbauer of Salem High School has been named the Redskins High School Coach of the Week for the week of Sept. 29. Click here to see the full release.
- Cafeteria menus for September are posted here and will be updated for each month. Bus Routes are posted here and will be updated as needed.
- At this month's meeting the Salem School Board formally recognized South Salem Elementary School for earning the VIP Distinguished Achievement Award from the Virginia Board of education. Click to read more.
- Our division's "Fast Facts" houses information about our school division including test scores, graduation rate, and much more. Click here to see the our Fast Facts for 2013.
- Legislative Priorities and Positions of the Salem City School Board for the 2014 General Assembly
- Kindergarten Registration for 2014-2015 school year. If your child will be 5 years or older by September 30, 2014 and will be attending Salem City Schools for the 2014-15 school year click here for details on Kindergarten Registration.
- Dr. Joe Coleman and Mike Crew were honored by the Salem School Board on Tuesday night for their years of service. Click to read the full recognitions.
- Our Parent Resource Center is hosting a Parent Fair this summer on July 23. Click this link for more information. The Summer Newsletter is also available - follow this link to read.
Older News Archive