- As we near the Winter Season there may be times when our schedule will have to be altered for the safety of students. Salem City Schools will always notify media of alternate schedules or closing – here is a link to WDBJ-7 Closings and Delays. Also, you may have questions regarding the philosophies in the decisions we make – a FAQ and rationale for these decisions can be found here.
- Salem City Schools has our proposed 2018-2019 school year calendar available for review here: 2018-2019 Calendar
- If you are interested in becoming a Upward Bound Project Advisor in Salem or Roanoke County, please follow this link for more information.
- Salem City Schools is once again named as one of the state’s top 10 school divisions. Read details here.
- See our Board’s Legislative Priorities for 2017
- Salem City Schools School Quality Reports and Report Cards
Over the past several years, teachers in Salem City Schools have focused on Assessment FOR Learning practices in order to provide students and parents with specific feedback that reflects student achievement on specific learning goals. This provides students with the...
Motivating Andrew Lewis Middle School Students to Embrace Challenges and Realize Their Academic Potential
Carol Dweck’s—‘MINDSET’: Motivating Andrew Lewis Middle School Students to Embrace Challenges and Realize Their Academic Potential by Forest Jones, Principal of Andrew Lewis Middle School Andrew Lewis Middle School located in Salem, Virginia chose Carol Dweck’s...
The Salem City School Division has long been a leader in the use of Instructional Technology for the purpose of preparing Salem’s children to be creative problem solvers who are equipped to communicate and succeed in the digital age and global economy. Most...