- If you are interested in being employed by Aramark and working in our cafeterias please follow this link for a job description and application.
- The city’s most “persuasive talkers” were honored by the Salem School Board on Tuesday night. Team member Alayna Johnson represented the team and accepted a resolution from the board, on behalf of her teammates. The board praised the students and coaches for winning their 12th straight title by topping E.C. Glass in competition that was held at Clover High School in Chesterfield County. Read more about Forensics and see a board resolution here.
- The Salem School Board congratulated Emily Goodpasture, Georgia Brown, Kantner Eversole, and Kaylin Young at their May meeting. These four students formed a team from Andrew Lewis Middle School that earned third place honors during the inaugural Student-led Ideation Challenge state championship at VCU in Richmond on April 1. Read more about this exciting event.
- Teacher Appreciation Week (May 8-12) is right around the corner, and the Virginia Lottery’s statewide “Thank a Teacher” campaign aims to thank thousands of Virginia public school teachers for their hard work. Read more about the VA Lottery Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Salem City Schools announces new assistant principals at SHS and ALMS.
- Salem City Schools announces new Director of Administrative Services and Middle School Principal
- Salem City Schools announces our 2017 Teachers of the Year
- See our 2016-2017 School Calendar here.
- Salem City Schools is once again named as one of the state’s top 10 school divisions. Read details here.
- See our Board’s Legislative Priorities for 2017
- See our 2017-2018(next year) School Calendar here.
- Salem City Schools School Quality Reports and Report Cards
When Social Media is Not the Tool for the Job (When to Make Direct Contact with Your Child’s School)
Ci The Salem City School Division has a long and proven history of cherishing the great value this community places on children. This was a cornerstone of the division when it was established in 1983 and remains a core value for all who serve in Salem City’s Schools....
While grades have not always been part of formal education, they have been part of education in America for the better part of…
In 2009, Salem City Schools embarked on an Assessment FOR Learning journey based on research indicating that teachers could accelerate student academic progress and growth by consistently and thoughtfully providing descriptive feedback. The research further indicated...