Parents/guardians can register online for kindergarten for the 2020-2021 School Year.
News and Highlights
- Science textbook adoption information from the VDOE. Read details here.
- On July 14, the Salem City School Board approved the Division’s 2020-2021 Return to Learn Instructional Plan and Phase III Health Plan. Families can review these plans and the 2020-2021 Return to Learn Information and Frequently Asked Questions document on the Division’s COVID-19 information page.
- This Summer Salem City School buses will deliver meals from June 22nd to July 31st on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays on the delivery schedules posted in this link. Espanol: Entrega de Comidas de Verano 22 de junio al 31 de julio
- Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) Resources on behalf of the Office of School Nutrition Programs
- Register New Students Grades K-12 using our Online Registration System Call 389-0130 for any questions.
- Apply For Salem’s PreSchool Program Today.
Fill out a Smart2Start application for your child, from birth to age 5, to find affordable, high-quality childcare and preschool for the upcoming school year. Signing up is easy and free! Más información en español.
- Non-Resident applications and other forms.
- Chromebook Help is available at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by Phone at: 540-444-0838. Check out the Chromebook Support Page for more information including drop off locations for Chromebook Repairs.
- Comcast is making XFinity Wifi FREE for everyone throughout the City of Salem at 100s of hotspots. Here is a map of XFinity WiFi hotspots in Salem. Comcast Internet Essentials from Comcast brings affordable, high-speed Internet to your home for $9.95/Month. See Comcast Internet Access Brochure for qualifications. Update: In response to the COVID-19 virus, Comcast is offering 60 days of Internet Essentials for free.
- The Salem School Division opened for business in 1983, and the goal of placing children first and has never wavered. Once again, our six schools are fully accredited and our talented educators are motivating and preparing our students to reach incredible new heights. Learn more about our school system by reading our “School Division at a Glance”
- Salem School Division is featured in a series of Statewide Educational Videos.
MAKE-UP DAYS 2019-2020
There are a total of 10 possible make-up days in the 2019-20 calendar, four excess time days and six makeup days. The days are listed in the planned order of their use. Students, parents, and employees should note that circumstances sometimes require a departure for the order listed. The order in which these days are used may change.
1. Excess Time Built-in Make-up Day
2. Excess Time Built-in Make-up Day
3. Excess Time Built-in Make-up Day
4. Excess Time Built-in Make-up Day
5. February 3 Rescheduled as a student day (Schedule conferences as needed)
6. March 13 Rescheduled as a student day
7. April 6 Rescheduled as a student day
8. April 7 Rescheduled as a student day
9. April 8 Rescheduled as a student day
10. April 9 Rescheduled as a student day
Depending on the timing and frequency of any missed days, specifically if an inordinate number of student days are missed early in the winter season, the Board may consider rescheduling the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. and/or Memorial Day Holidays as additional student days to be determined no later than the January 2020 and May 2020 Board Meetings, respectively.
Salem City Schools Education Blog
In elementary school students are assessed on standards to see progress toward grade-level goals. Students work on a variety of assignments to show mastery of the standards. These standards are assessed to see if a student M Met the Standard, is E Emerging toward...
Student safety is a top priority for Salem City Schools. Throughout the year, we work with the Salem Police Department and Salem Fire and EMS personnel to develop building-specific security procedures. We then apply these plans by participating in emergency management...