- The Salem School Board unanimously approved Resolution 237 at its first meeting of the year, and in so doing formally recognized the two-time defending 4A state football champions. Spartans Head Coach Steve Magenbauer accepted the honor on behalf of all the players, coaches, trainers and support staff members. Follow this link to see a photo of the presentation.
- Kindergarten Registration Information: Parents of children who will be 5 years old on or before September 30, 2017, should register their child for kindergarten for the Fall of 2017. Registration begins during the week of February 6-10, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. each day. To register your child, go to the office of the school your child will attend. Bring proof of residency and your child’s original birth certificate with you. Questions? Call Salem City Schools at 389-0130.
- January Cafeteria Menus are now available. See our menus.
- See our approved 2017-2018 school calendar.
- Salem City Schools is once again named as one of the state’s top 10 school divisions. Read details here.
- See our Board’s Legislative Priorities for 2017
- Salem City Schools is pleased to announce a Chromebook pilot program for our fifth grade students. After a very successful pilot program at Salem High School, each fifth grade student in our four elementary schools will be issued a Chromebook for this school year.
- Older news is available here.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Salem City School’s Calendar Preferences Survey. The Division used the results…read more
While grades have not always been part of formal education, they have been part of education in America for the better part of…read more
When Social Media is Not the Tool for the Job (When to Make Direct Contact with Your Child’s School)
The Salem City School Division has a long and proven history of cherishing the great value this community places on children…read more