- See our 2016-2017 School Calendar here.
- The Salem School Board unanimously approved Resolution 237 at its first meeting of the year, and in so doing formally recognized the two-time defending 4A state football champions. Spartans Head Coach Steve Magenbauer accepted the honor on behalf of all the players, coaches, trainers and support staff members. Follow this link to see a photo of the presentation.
- Kindergarten Registration Information: Parents of children who will be 5 years old on or before September 30, 2017, should register their child for kindergarten for the Fall of 2017. Registration begins during the week of February 6-10, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. each day. To register your child, go to the office of the school your child will attend. Bring proof of residency and your child’s original birth certificate with you. Questions? Call Salem City Schools at 389-0130.
- Salem City Schools is once again named as one of the state’s top 10 school divisions. Read details here.
- See our Board’s Legislative Priorities for 2017
- Salem City Schools is pleased to announce a Chromebook pilot program for our fifth grade students. After a very successful pilot program at Salem High School, each fifth grade student in our four elementary schools will be issued a Chromebook for this school year.
- See our 2017-2018(next year) School Calendar here.
- Older news is available here.
While grades have not always been part of formal education, they have been part of education in America for the better part of…
In 2009, Salem City Schools embarked on an Assessment FOR Learning journey based on research indicating that teachers could accelerate student academic progress and growth by consistently and thoughtfully providing descriptive feedback. The research further indicated...
Most everyone agrees that students are more excited and engaged in school when they see meaning and relevance in their work. Great teachers challenge their students to think creatively and critically by sharing context for the learning perhaps a bigger problem, a...